Saturday, June 1, 2019

Sanctifying Time - June - The Month of the Sacred Heart


One of the many things that I deeply appreciate about the Catholic Church is how she takes something as ordinary and mundane as time and sanctifies it by turning it into a liturgy to complement the liturgy of life itself.

The Church does this, in her wisdom, to help her children remain focused on realities that are of utmost importance in our day to day lives. We are, after all, called to be wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. [Ephesians 5:16]

The Catholic Church dedicates the Month of June to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The Church celebrates the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Friday following the second Sunday after Pentecost. In addition to the liturgical celebration, many devotional exercises are connected with the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Of all devotions, devotion to the Sacred Heart was, and remains, one of the most widespread and popular in the Church.

On this First Day of June, in the Year 2019, I consecrate myself afresh to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

O LOVING Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ,

You move hearts that are harder than rock. You melt spirits that are colder than ice. You reach souls that are more impenetrable than diamonds. Touch my heart with Your sacred Wounds, permeate my soul with Your precious Blood, so that wherever I turn I will see only my divine Crucified Lord, and everything I see will appear colored with your Blood.

Lord Jesus,

Let my heart never rest until it finds You, who are its center, its love, and its happiness. By the wound in Your heart, pardon the sins that I have committed whether out of malice or out of evil desires. Place my weak heart in Your divine Heart, continually under Your protection and guidance, so that I may persevere in doing good and in fleeing evil until my last breath.

Heart of Jesus, save me.
Heart of my Creator, perfect me.
Heart of my Savior, deliver me.
Heart of my Judge, forgive me.
Heart of my Father, govern me.
Heart of my Spouse, love me.
Heart of my Master, teach me.


Learn more about the Month of the Sacred Heart at …..

https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/overviews/months/06_1.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Benedict: Still Bringing Order to a Disordered World

There are no words that I can type with these fingers, or words that I can speak with my tongue and lips, that can remotely express the deep...