Saturday, December 21, 2019

Hermitage Notes - Returning To The Womb


It is a choice that we carefully made. 

Our choice was greatly influenced by necessity and circumstance. 

I once heard it said that God often leads through circumstances. 

There is a lot of truth in this. [Think of Romans 8:28. All things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.] 

This smallness and simplicity is not something we were completely unfamiliar with. We already had a mental understanding. We simply lacked the long-term experience. 

The working together for good thing was certainly in play. 

It is said that hindsight is always 2020. In retrospect, I think life [all that went on before] groomed us for where we are.  In choosing this small and simple lifestyle, we were, though we did not think of it as such at the time, saying yes to a divine plan for our lives that is so much greater than our own. It has been something like reentering the womb; therein to redevelop and grow.

[Photo Explanation - My home on the NW Kansas prairie before moving to New Jersey in 2001.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Benedict: Still Bringing Order to a Disordered World

There are no words that I can type with these fingers, or words that I can speak with my tongue and lips, that can remotely express the deep...