Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Hermitage Notes - Christmas Day

My heart is full.

Last evening, we took in the little pageant put on by the kids at our small parish. Mass followed ... Christmas Eve Vigil Mass. It was great the way Father Sophie integrated the children into his homily.

I did my best to stay on key and not croak too badly as I helped out in our tiny choir at Saint Robert Bellarmine. I admit it. My hearing has grown a little dull and it has been a long time since I stretched my vocal chords.

Shirli and I made a little pilgrimage to Mobile this morning for Christmas Day Mass at Saint Pius X. We like to do little pilgrimages every now and then. They help our perspective. They have a way of helping us see through the social fog that seems to hang on, dampening the garments of life, even in the environs of the Church.

The priest at Saint Pius X holds a special place in our hearts.

Father Johnny was in charge of our RCIA program between the Fall of 2006 and the Easter Vigil in 2007 when we were received into the Catholic Church. Father Johnny heard our first confessions, mentored us through the long annulment process, and performed our marriage in the Catholic Church.

The blind woman at Mass this morning gave me a lot of cause to pause and consider my blessings that include a particular email in my inbox early this morning. Deo Gratias.

Older?

No doubt.

Wiser?

Hopefully.

[Photo - A June Wedding]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Benedict: Still Bringing Order to a Disordered World

There are no words that I can type with these fingers, or words that I can speak with my tongue and lips, that can remotely express the deep...