Saturday, January 4, 2020

Hermitage Notes - Making More Room For The Queen In 2020

I have been mulling on how Abraham was called to offer his son Isaac on an altar [Genesis 22] as an immolation but, once proving his obedience and devotion, was provided a ram as an alternative sacrifice.

Mary was also called to offer her Son on an altar [the Cross] as an immolation but, once proving her obedience and devotion to God, was not spared the deep heartache of her Son’s rejection, suffering, and death as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. [Luke 2:22-35] 

Mary? 

On the Altar of the Cross, Christ gave the Church to his mother and his mother to the Church. [John 19:26-27] 

I do not know her as I ought. I do not know of her as my mind [cold intellectual assent] wants to know of her. Nor I do not know her as my soul [intimate spiritual experience] hungers to know her. 

I am spending time with Saint Louis De Montfort [1673-1716]. 

Saint Louis tells me that, “When the Holy Ghost, her Spouse, has found Mary in a soul, He flies there. He enters there in His fullness; He communicates himself to that soul abundantly, and to the full extent to which it makes room for His spouse. Nay, one of the greatest reasons why the Holy Ghost does not now do startling wonders in our souls is because He does not find a sufficiently great union with His faithful and inseparable spouse.”[1] 

Saint Louis tells me that, “In a word, God wishes that His holy Mother should be at present more known, more loved, more honored than she has ever been.”  

As true as this was when Saint Louis penned this work that lay hidden for so long [from 1716 until 1842], how much more true is it in our times where the Great Deluder is working overtime deluding people to believe that evil is good and good is evil while hell enlarges itself and opens its mouth without measure. [Isaiah 5:14]

Saint Louis tells me that Mary will play a significant role in the formation of the apostles of the latter times; that it will be these … those that intimately know, love, and honor the Mother … that will be empowered to remain faithful and persevere through the fiery trials of the End Times.





[1] True Devotion To Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Benedict: Still Bringing Order to a Disordered World

There are no words that I can type with these fingers, or words that I can speak with my tongue and lips, that can remotely express the deep...